Friday, March 1, 2013

March 1

Today is the 1st of March.  My first action plan for the day - set up some appointments.  Toby, our dog, is my first appointment of every day.  Even though it is raining, every day starts with a run.  That is my goal - it doesn't always happen, but if I aim for that, I find I make it most of the time.  I have also decided he gets at least 20 minutes of training time with me every day.  We are going to work on SIT, STAY, DOWN, and COME.  Additionally, I am hoping to teach him to STAND.  He does a pretty decent job of slack lead walking and he will heel when we are out for our morning run.  Well, sort of.  Birds are a great distraction.  For a 6 month old puppy, he is doing really well.  Wait, he is 7 months now!  Still, we have a good time together and he is full of life and joy.  I have a secondary goal (nice if we can do it) to walk Toby once a day too.  He needs the exercise and so do I.  Sitting is too unhealthy.

I am also going to make time to do some investigation into the new hunger documentary. I really want to do something that will make a difference and this seems like something worth working on.  Really, there shouldn't be anyone going hungry in this country.  If I am going to survive being retired, I am going to have to hurl myself into something that gets me out of the house and working with people.  I don't want to be just a pair of hands, though.  I have skills that could help accomplish things and I want to use them.

Then there is the loom.  This warp will drive me to distraction, no doubt.  I cannot imagine how it is going to untangle.  I may have to rewind the entire thing.  Sigh.  Luckily, my knitting is fairly uninspired and interminable garter stitch, so I am not tempted.  My spinning wheel calls.  I wonder what a good amount of time would be reasonable for each.  Once the loom is warped, maybe an hour or so weaving and an hour or so spinning?

More anon.

No comments:

Post a Comment